Get ready to get your hands dirty! For today's activity, we'll be creating our very own dino garden! This is a great way to teach your little ones about gardening and get them involved in the process. Let them help pick which plants they want to include in their garden. Gather their favorite dino friends, then head outside and get ready to get planting.
A dinosaur garden is can inspire imaginative play for your dinosaur lover. Working together to pot your chosen plants is a great way to enhance your toddler's fine motor skills. Start by asking your kid to use their imagination and describe their dream dinosaur garden. Take a walk around the backyard and look for rocks that can be used as fossils.
Here's what you'll need:
- Gardening gloves
- 1 flower pot
- Potting soil
- Dinosaur toys
- Rocks and marbles
- Fill your pot with potting soil.
- Arrange your plants in the pot.
- Carefully remove the plants from their containers and plant the roots into the soil.
- Arrange your rocks and marbles around the plants.
- Water your garden a decent amount.
- Place your dinosaurs in the garden.
- Let the kids play and have fun!
Total time: 30 mins
kidpik subscription boxes for boys and girls sized 2T-16 comes with everything your kid needs for a day of outdoor play. Whether your little one’s style is active, trendy, or classic, we have a collection for them. Sign up today to receive a custom-styled box every 4, 6, or 12 weeks.