DIY Tie Dye
DIY Tie Dye
One of the biggest trends to emerge in the past few months has been DIY Tie Dye! It’s the perfect activity to get the kids outside having fun. Plus, they’ll be able to express their own unique personal style!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Craft dye
- Squirt bottles
- A gallon sized Ziploc bag
- Rubber bands
- Water in a spray bottle
- Find the perfect t-shirt. We have a bunch available on our kidpik shop. Go with classic white, or if you want to mix things up, you can choose a color!
- Gather your tools.
- Get your dye ready - choose which colors you want to use and put them into the bottles
- Get your shirt ready. Spray it with water to dampen. Then, twist the shirt and wrap it with rubber bands in any pattern you want
- Squeeze your dye all of the wrapped up shirt and place it into a ziplock bag for 24 hours to let the dye sink in
- After 24 hours, remove the shirt and rinse in cold water until the water runs clear of dye. Then, remove the rubber bands and rinse again
- Machine wash and dry your shirt
- Wear it and have a fashion show!
Find you perfect tee for tie dye on our kidpik shop.
Wear, enjoy and have some fun while staying safe indoors!
Send us pics of your creation to [email protected]
- Team kidpik
Kidpik is the leading fashion subscription box service for kids ages 3-14, shipping personalized, coordinated outfits directly to your door. Our mission is to make kids look good, so they can feel good and take on each day with confidence. Learn more about kidpik and take our fun style quiz here.