It’s time to make friendship bracelets! They’re so much fun to create and are a great way to add to your accessory collection. The best thing is that there are so many different kinds to make. Today we rounded up some of our favorites.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Stretchy bead cord
- Thread in four different colors
- Small rubber bands
- C clip (one per bracelet)
The beaded bracelet is a classic, and probably the easiest to make. For this one, all you need is a bead cord and your preferred beads. Use letter beads so your girl can make a bracelet that says her name, or the name of her favorite monthly clothing subscription box.
- Arrange beads in your desired order.
- Cut your bead cord to the length of your girls wrist.
- Tape one end of the cord down to the table. This will make it easier to add the beads.
- Add your beads to the bead cord.
- Remove the tape, and tie each end of the cord together. We recommend 3-4 knots to make sure it’s secure.
- Wear your new bracelet!
Total time: 15 minutes
Everyone loves Rainbow Loom bracelets. If you don’t have a loom, no problem! We’re going to be making them by hand.
- Take your first rubber band, and twist it into a figure eight between your pointer and middle fingers. Repeat with your second rubber band.
- Place your third rubber band between your pointer and middle fingers on top of the first two. This one will not be in a figure eight.
- Take the bottom band (the first one you placed) and bring one side up and over so it’s in between your two fingers. Repeat with the other side of the rubber band.
- Add another rubber band on top and repeat step three.
- Repeat until your bracelet is at your desired length. Make sure you add a new rubber band every time, so there are always three on your fingers.
- Once finished, attach your C clip to each end.
- Wear your new bracelet!
Total time: 30 minutes
The thread bracelet is a summer camp staple. We’re going to be doing a basic zig-zag design.
- Take your thread and cut 45 inches of each color.
- Place them in the order you want your colors to show from left to right.
- Knot your strands together about two inches from the top.
- Tape it down to a hard surface, with the tape going over the knot. Make sure each piece of thread is laid out next to each other.
- Take your leftmost strand and knot it around the one directly next to it.
- Pull the knot to the top of your bracelet.
- Continue knotting that first strand around each strand in order from left to right. It should end up being the last in the row.
- Take the strand that is now the furthest to the left and knot it around the strand to its right. Repeat this until you get to the last strand. Do not knot it around the last strand.
- Continue the process with each row being one shorter than the strand before it.
- Now take the strand that is the furthest right, and knot it around the strand to its left. Repeat going from right to left.
- Continue with each strand, as we did before, except now we are knotting from right to left.
- Repeat the above steps until your bracelet is at your desired length.
- Knot the end, and trim the excess thread.
- Tie it around your wrist!
Total time: 1 hour
Kidpik is the leading fashion clothing subscription box service for kids ages 3-14, shipping personalized, coordinated boys outfits and cute girls outfits directly to your door. Our mission is to make kids look good, so they can feel good and take on each day with confidence. Learn more about kidpik and take our fun style quiz here.