Here at kidpik, we think there’s nothing better than enjoying a warm cookie on a chilly day. Get a head start on your holiday baking with these snowflake sugar cookies. Baking is a great way to spend time with your family, and enjoy a sweet treat at the end of the day. Put on your aprons and head to the kitchen!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 cups of flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- Rolling pin
- Snowflake cookie cutter
- Parchment paper
- Piping bags
- Gel food coloring
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together. Then, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar, then mix in the egg.
- Add the flour and blend until mixture holds together.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Roll out between two sheets of parchment paper and cut out shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place shapes on baking tray lined with parchment paper and put in freezer for 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350* for 8-12 minutes.
- Fill piping bags with frosting and front the cookies.
- Use gel food coloring to decorate your snowflake.
Total time: 45 mins
Kidpik is the leading fashion clothing subscription box service for kids ages 3-14, shipping personalized, coordinated boys outfits and cute girls outfits directly to your door. Our mission is to make kids look good, so they can feel good and take on each day with confidence. Learn more about kidpik and take our fun style quiz here.